Increase your understanding of fractions by using Khan Academy. After selecting the above link, click on any of the listed lessons to begin.
- Understanding Fractions
- Equivalent Fractions & Simplified Form
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions
- Mixed Numbers & Improper Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
Examine the physical difference between any two fractions using pictures. This activity generates pie charts that represent the quantities you want to compare. Drawing pictures can help you determine which fraction is larger or smaller.
Create your fractions by entering in the numerators, which are the numbers above the fraction bar, and the denominators, which are the numbers below the fraction bar. Click the 'Which one is larger?' button to continue.
Learn how to work with proper fractions, improper fractions, and mixed numbers.
- Identifying Proper & Improper Fractions
- Changing Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers
- Changing Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions
Learn how to reduce a fraction to lowest terms.
- Finding Equivalent Fractions
- Simplifying Fractions
Learn how to add fractions and mixed numbers.
- Adding Fractions with Like Denominators
- Finding the Least Common Multiple
- Finding the Common Denominator
- Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators
- Adding Mixed Numbers
Learn how to subtract fractions and mixed numbers.
- Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
- Subtracting Fractions with Unlike Denominators
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Regrouping
Learn how to multiply fractions and mixed numbers.
- Multiplying Two or More Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers
- Multiplying Two or More Mixed Numbers
Learn how to divide fractions and mixed numbers.
- Finding the Reciprocal of a Number
- Dividing Fractions, Mixed Numbers, & Whole Numbers